Keep Bondi Beautiful
Please place all your litter in the bins provided - there are plenty around on the beach and the promenade, and don't leave your butts on the beach - remember that smoking is banned on all the beaches in Waverley, Bondi included. Waverley Council rangers patrol the beach regularly, and if you do smoke on the beach you could face a fine.
Swim between the flags!
The number one rule on the beach is to always swim the flags! They're there for your safety. Our world famous lifeguards carefully assess the ocean's tides and conditions each morning, before placing the flags in the best possible position to ensure your safety. Remember, stay between the flags, and don't swim alone. You should also learnt the telltale signs of dangerous rips and waves. If you do get caught in a rip, raise your hand for help, stay calm and float.
Keep your valuables safe!
Not so beautiful is sun damaged skin, and skin cancer, one of the leading causes of death in Australia. So while you're enjoying fun in the summer sun, don't forget to slip, slop, slap, seek and slide....
• Slip on some sun protective clothing that covers as much skin as possible
• Slop on broad spectrum, water-resistant SPF30+ sunscreen. Apply 20 minutes before you go outdoors and every two hours afterwards.
• Slap on a hat - best styles are broad brimmed or legionnaire style to protect your face, head, neck and ears.
• Seek out shade, especially between the hours of 11 and 2 when the sun's rays are at their most damaging.
• Slide on some sunglasses - make sure they meet Australian Standards.
Don't take the risk of thieves spoiling your day at the beach - hire a locker and relax!